Friday, October 20

OK, so I didn't see the Yankee's beat the Mariner's to get into the World Series. I was in an Accounting 101 class , bored out of my mind. I read a pitch-by-pitch recap on www.majorleaguebaseball.com and did not see what actually happened. It may or may not have been a managerial error. I was, all in all, again really disappointed in the outcome. Seattle is so much more than "that place way up in the upper left corner" of America. and, yes, it rains a lot; but it never really rains. More like living in a cloud than living underwater. And always grey...even with the sun poking through once in awhile, it never dries out. My home town. At age 17, in 1960, I left to "stand the uniform" of the US Army. Since, I have had occason to return to live a short time. Two weeks there and I am looking forward to somewhere else. I have been living in Reno for longer than I have lived anywhere; going into my tenth year. I am ready to find somewhere else, but Reno is a difficult place to leave. It offers too many things that make this attractive. Like, for instance, it is 12:30am and I have a hankering for chocolate cheeck cake. No problem...a ten minute ride, ten minutes to get it, and ten minutes back. Can you do that where you are?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home